The City of Ottawa would like to advise motorists that the following planned road and maintenance work are scheduled to begin next week:
- Heathwood Gate – Beginning this Sunday, June 18 until Sunday June 25, Heathwood Gate will be closed at Prince of Wales Drive to allow road reconstruction work. During the closure, residents can access the community via the Waterbridge Drive and Prince of Wales Drive intersection.
- O-Train Trillium Line – OC Transpo’s O-Train Trillium Line service will be temporarily replaced by Route 107 bus service beginning tomorrow, Saturday, June 17 until Friday, June 30 in order to complete planned maintenance activities.With the Ottawa Italian Week Festival taking place this week, OC Transpo will be running a direct shuttle service between Greenboro Station and Rochester Street for regular fare on Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18. The shuttle will depart Greenboro Station every 30 minutes from 11:30 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, and from 4 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. on Sunday. Shuttle departure times from Rochester Street will be posted at the bus stops.
- More information on schedules and travel planning assistance can be found on octranspo.com.
In addition, this weekend will see a number of road closures and impacts from special events happening across Ottawa. Some of these events include:
- Red Bull Global Rallycross;
- Main Street Re-opening Celebration;
- Ottawa International Triathlon Weekend and Italian Week celebrations are both taking place in the vicinity of Dow’s Lake and Preston Street;
- Carivibe; and,
- NOKIA Sunday Bike Days.
Using transit to get to and from these events is a great idea to travel hassle-free and OC Transpo’s Travel Planner can help you find the best route to your destination. Information on detours and service updates for special events is also on the OC Transpo website.
For more updates on the construction and road work activity happening across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s Traffic Report on ottawa.ca or follow our traffic account on Twitter.